Saturday 27 January 2018

LGBT Book Recommendations

Hey guys! So in this week's blog I'm going to be giving you some LGBT book recommendations!

I think it's brilliant that more LGBT books are being published and they're all I read! So without further ado, here are some of my favourites!


Non Binary and Transgender Books

Every Day by David Levithan

Every Day is about a person called A who wakes up in a different body every day. A could be descried as non binary and this book is one of the most unique I have ever read.

A wakes up one day inside Jason and his girlfriend Rhiannon thinks he's acting strange because he's never this kind or romantic. Now A has to figure out a way of staying in one body...

I can't wait to read the sequel, Another Day since the last book was left on a cliffhanger...

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

If I Was Your Girl is about a transgender girl called Amanda. She moves in with her dad and she hopes no one will find out who she used to be...
Even though there are some unrealistic aspects in the book, it was a heart-wrenching and lovely book about acceptance, friendship and family.

The Art Of Being Normal by Lisa Williamson

David Piper is transgender but his family think he's gay and he gets bullied at school - until he meets Leo. Leo stands up for David and they soon become friends when Leo reveals his past and invites David on an adventure.

This book reminds me of Jacqueline Wilson's writing and is by far one of my favourite reads. It is heartwarming, real and unpredictable - everything that a good book should be.


Books on sexuality

Carry On by Rainbow Rowell

Carry On is like Hogwarts but with two wizards who fall in love and defeat the bad guys. Simon Snow is a wizard and Baz, his vampire roommate can't stand him for being the 'chosen one.' However, as they battle together, they soon realise their feelings are more than just magic...

Carry On is fan-fiction from Fangirl, another book by Rowell and I would recommend reading that first.

Girl Hearts Girl by Lucy Sutcliffe

Lucy is one of my favourite YouTubers and she used to date and live with her girlfriend Kaelyn Petras, another YouTuber. They both inspired me with their YouTube videos about anxiety, long distance and LGBT topics.

However, they broke up after being long distance for six years and Lucy finished her book before they broke up.

Girl Hearts Girl is about Lucy's journey to discovering she was gay and how she learned to accept it. Lucy also writes about her experiences with anxiety, school, friends and long distance. IT truly is a lovely book about self discovery and acceptance.


Geekerella by Ashley Poston

Geekerella is exactly what it says it is; a Cinderella story with a geeky twist. Danielle lives with her two evil stepsisters and stepmonster. Danielle loves Starfield, a sci-fi program her and her dad used to watch when he was alive.

Her father built a con for all types of fans and Danielle is upset that there's going to be a Starfield movie with an actor she hates called Darien Freeman. However, they accidentally start texting, not knowing who each other are and Danielle wants to enter a contest at her father's con to meet Darien and tell him what she thinks.

Sage, who Danielle works with, helps make her a costume and they go to the con together. It turns out Sage and Danielle's step sister hit it off and even though there isn't much mention of the LGBT community, it's still a cute story worth reading!


So there you go! These are some of my favourite LGBT books and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I did!

Don't forget to subscribe and also follow my Instagram for updates: neurotic.writer.ramblings

1 comment:

  1. Great picks. �� I am going to get my hands on girl hearts girl ☺️

    ReplyDelete