Saturday 24 February 2018

Book Review: Since You Lost Your Brother by Daniel Yetman

I was recently asked by Daniel Yetman if I would read his book, Since You Lost Your Brother and I delightfully agreed (especially when I get asked to review paperbacks instead of kindle stories!).

Review of Since You Lost Your Brother by Daniel Yetman
I received the book in the mail - it's a short story (120 pages) so it doesn't take too long to read. As soon as I read it I could tell this was real love Yetman was talking about - not the bookish kind that some authors create. The book had so many twists and turns that by the end I had no idea what would happen - which added to the effect the book was trying to make.

The story is about a man and a woman who've been in a long term relationship and the woman loses her brother. After that the couple falls apart from her depression and sadness. He leaves, not being able to cope anymore and moves to Seoul. He continues to write and tries to get over her but writes about her every day. He meets other women but can't get over the idea of them making it work again.

I believe the moral of the story is that we don't know what's going to happen in life so let's live for the moment and make the most out of it. It's a true story about love and heartbreak and the hold someone can have on you long after it's over. This story is definitely a must read for anyone who's going through or has gone through a traumatic break up.



I won't give you any spoilers for obvious reasons but I will say that you need to read it! It's a collection of short chapters that Daniel was writing each day on the subway. I will admit I was emotional by the end but it was worth it. I even want to recommend it to my friends because it was so moving.

I would say that the only down side was proofreading. There were misspelled words and sentences but all books have at least one mistake. I think it's safe to say if that's the only downside, then I really enjoyed this book.

This book really does have it all - love, grief, heartbreak and how to survive and live a life after it all.

If you're interested in buying Daniel's book you can find it here.

I hope you enjoyed this week's blog and tune it for next week's, where I'll be interviewing Daniel and asking some questions about his writing.

Don't forget to follow my Instagram: neurotic.writer.ramblings

2 comments:

  1. I love a good book that pulls on the heartstrings. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked your blog thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete