Saturday 10 February 2018

Review: The Sun and Her Flowers by Rupi Kaur

Well hello there! It's already February - one of my most expensive and busiest months (birthdays, anniversary etc)! Sorry I didn't post last week but it was Oli's birthday and I wanted to concentrate on him for the day. So this week I've decided to write a blog review about Rupi Kaur's most recent poetry book, The Sun and Her Flowers. I will be sharing some of my favourite poems from the book and a bit about why I love them and why I think you should too!



The Sun and Her Flowers
The Sun and Her Flowers is more about Kaur's family, moving and learning to love herself. I am so excited for what she has coming next but I will definitely be rereading these until her next book comes along. I wanted to buy the book as soon as possible and thankfully received a Waterstone's voucher for Christmas so it was one of the books I just had to get. I must say I relate to Milk and Honey more, but I still absolutely love her books and she inspired me to just go for it and write poetry. So here we go. Enjoy!



Poem One 

I love this one because it proves that whatever us humans go through, we are always strong enough to bounce back from it; we will always recover.



Poem Two 
Kaur always has a way of writing so that I feel unique and special, even if I feel like I'm getting nowhere in life. That is poetry. You don't even have to be religious to love this, you just need to believe in yourself.


Poem Three 
I think this is absolutely true- we all crave love and want to give it but as humans we manage to ruin it or turn it into something it's not. Everyone has the capacity for love but not everyone is willing to learn how to.



Poem Four 
Such a powerful break-up poem here. I think it's beautiful because Kaur keeps repeating that it's not the end of the world. You will get through anything.



Poem Five 
Such a simple yet powerful poem for anyone feeling low or invalid.


Poem Six 
This is honestly my favourite. So beautiful that it gives me butterflies. I do believe in soul mates so this poem is perfect.


Well that's it for this week but I'll be back next week! Love, Vee.

No comments:

Post a Comment