Sunday 13 August 2017

Book review #8: The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater

Well hello there fellow book addicts! In this week's blog I will be reviewing my favourite trilogy ever written...


About

In this week's blog I have decided to write about my favourite book series which is The Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater, the queen of fantasy writing. This series I hold close to my heart and I'm here to tell you all what you're missing...

Here's a blurb of the first book: "For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods. Especially the yellow-eyed beast whose chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Every winter she watches him, but every summer, he disappears... Sam leads two lives. In winter, he stays in the frozen woods, with the protection of the pack. In summer, he has a few precious months to be human, until the cold makes him shift back again. When Grace and Sam finally meet, they realize they can't bear to be apart. But can they find a way to stay together as the stakes grow higher and death comes closing in?"

As the books go on, Grace's love for Sam increases despite her parents' disapproval. Isabel and Cole St Clair also get mixed into the whirlwind that is Sam and Grace's relationship and with the wolves of Mercy Falls.

I don't want to spoil the books for you. So I won't disclose any more.


Review

As you can probably tell, I loved this series and can't recommend it enough. Especially to those who enjoy fantasy and romance novels.

Stiefvater transported me to Mercy Falls and I hadn't read anything in ages that had consumed me as much as this trilogy did. Sam and Grace's romance reminded me of my own and their unconditional love for each other was written with nothing but emotion and truth. They are my OTP (one true pairing for those of you who don't know. And to remind me what it means before I forget and have to Google it again) and I have never read about a couple who are more suited to each other than these two. I love Cole and Isabel's relationship but it's built mostly on frustration with each other! (I can't wait to read Sinner, the spin off about Cole St Clair and Isabel Culpepper.)

Aside from the well written romance, I enjoyed reading a fantasy novel and hadn't read any in ages in fear they would be childish and filled with too many facts and myths to remember. However, The Wolves of Mercy Falls exceeded my expectations (alright for a £5 buy, eh?) and set a very high bar for other books. (Don't worry, Maggie, nothing will beat it!)

The main reason this series hit me so hard was because I could understand Grace's pain of not being able to be with Sam, not being able to live her life with him. I can understand how that feels and Sam and Grace's relationship gave me hope that my partner and I will live together one day; I wasn't alone and I'd like to thank Maggie for that.

Ultimately, if you're looking for a series you can binge on, that you pray will be turned into a TV series, and that you can laugh and cry at, this is it. Have fun and don't forget to tell me what you thought of the books! (By the way, aren't the covers beautiful?!)

You can buy the series here.

Follow my Bookstagram: neurotic.writer.ramblings


No comments:

Post a Comment